Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend







I had a WONDERFUL weekend with my boys! I got to sleep in on Saturday morning (thanks Rob!) which was absolute heaven. Once up and ready we all headed to Camas for their annual Mother's Day Plant & Garden Fair. It was such a beautiful day and we enjoyed looking at all of the colorful plants and flowers, as well as visiting with friends who were out enjoying the fair with their families. We purchased two beautiful hanging flower baskets - one for me and one for my mom. Then it was back to our house where the boys played outside in the dirt. Alan found a slug so he and Aidan thought it would be fun to build a house for it...turns out they just buried it in a big pile of dirt.


On Sunday we joined my family at church then went out for coffee. My sisters were both in town (Jona had to go back to UW today and Randi is home from WSU for the summer), so it was nice to catch up with them. While sitting outside at Starbucks, Aidan lived up to his nickname and proceeded to climb up the umbrellas. I tried to explain to him why it wasn't appropriate, while my dad was working against me and encouraged it. They moved to another table and my dad helped him shimmy all the way to the top - that 's Grandparents for you! After coffee we joined Rob's family at his Aunt Connie's house for brunch. We had yummy crepes and mimosas - my favorite! Aidan and Alan got to play with their cousin Rylie outside because it was ANOTHER beautiful day! They chased each other around the yard and threw rocks into the river. After a very long morning, we went home and the boys took a 2 hour nap. Later in the evening my family came over for a BBQ. We had chicken sausages, grilled veggies, a garden salad and watermelon. The weather even held out long enough for us to enjoy our dessert outside next to the fireplace...what a perfect end to a perfect weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing mother's day! There's nothing like Grandparents encouraging grandchildren to misbehave...so cute!

    ReplyDelete